I make this all the time and only now I've put it on my blog. Shame!
The best part of this dish, besides the taste of course, is how easy it is to make loads. It's awesome for a dinnerparty or for mealprep. it's very versatile as well, you can serve it with a salad or go full Greek with here . It's also great with cauliflower puree or like here with a feta puree.
Another great part is that people are amazed by the flavour and it's so easy to make.
Let's go to the recipe for these Greek meatballs a.k.a keftedes.
I usually use a mix of pork and beef but you could totally use just beef.
Greek meatballs in tomato sauce
- 1 kilo ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 eggs
- 80 grams panko
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- 2 cans of diced tomato cubes
- 2 beef stock cubes
- pepper and salt
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celcius.
- Put the tomato cubes in a large oven dish, crumble and mix the bouillon cubes in there.
- Mix the ground beef with the onion, egg, panko, parsley, pepper and salt. Form medium sized meatballs and put then in the sauce (yes, raw).
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Then turn the meatballs around and bake for another 30 minutes or until cooked, it depends on the size.
- You can serve them immediately.