We dutch people love Indonesian food. How ever awful our colonial past is, we've got some great food from it! After an influx of Indonesian people, their food almost feels Dutch to me. It's just so ingrained in our eating culture. Make rendang to go with it together with Sajoer green beans and bami.
You could also just make this and not the rendang. This is a great meat substitute.
Spicy Indonesian eggs (sambal goreng telor)
- 3 eggs, boiled and peeled
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon trassi, shrimp paste don't use this when you are vegetarian
- 1/2 teaspoon galangal herbs
- 1 tablespoon sambal
- 100 ml coconut milk
- salt to taste
- Start bu making the spicy paste. Put the onion, garlic, red chili, trassi, laos and sambal in the blender and puree until smooth.
- heat up some oil and fry the eggs shortly. Then add the paste and stir. lastly add the coconut milk and let simmer until you reached your preferred thickness.
- Add some salt to taste and serve immediately.