I'm a sucker for making everything myself. I love cooking but I also love knowing what goes into my dishes. Some things I absolutely refuse to eat storebought, like garlic sauce. This is so much better homemade.
Qick and easy
Making your own herb butter is so quick and easy. He're in The Netherlands you have different types of butter, mostly lowfat ones, but I always use the highfat ones because fat equals flavour.
If you like a bit of spice you can add some sambal to your herb butter. I always make a batch with sambal and without.
I had some edible flowers so I added them ass garnish. Totally optional of course.
- 1 packet full fat butter at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- edible flowers (optional)
- Mix the butter with the chives, garlic, parsley and salt. Taste to see if it's saly enough.
- Store in the refrigerator but let come to temperature at least 15 minutes before serving