It's the condiment in the Netherlands, mayonnaise! We put it on basically everything.
Quick and easy
I used this recipe a lot when I forgot to buy mayonnaise and didn't want to go back to the supermarket. I still get store bough mayo but when you're in a pinch this recipe is a lifesaver.
For the regular mayonnaise you can follow this recipe. Do you want truffle mayonnaise? Just add truffle oil. Do you want aioli? Add garlic! how about wasabi mayonnaise? Lovely on a pizza with tunaPerfect, right? You can go in every direction with this recipe.
- 1 egg, raw
- 2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 250 ml mild olive oil
- optional: truffle oi/ or garlic etc.
- Add the egg, white wine vinegar and olive oil in a beaker and put in a stick blender.
- Whizz until a creamy substance starts to form and gently pull the blender up.
- Keep on blending until all the oil is gone and you have mayonnaise.