With all these vegetables with pizza is almost a salad. I based my recipe on the recipe of Olives + Thyme, but I amended it a bit.
And don't get me wrong, I love a cheesy pizza, but this pizza feels light and is refreshing. It's perfect for when you want a more light meal. And despite all the veggies it's still very flavorful and also creamy because of the burrata.
Don't you just love artichoke? It's a great vegetable. For just a pizza I don't bother with cooking fresh artichoke, I used a can here.
I even used store bought pesto because I was in a rush but if you want to make your own, over here is a recipe.
Burrata is a mozzarella with a creamy filling. You can buy it in the supermarket and it's great for pizza and/or salads.
Pizza with artichoke and burrata
- 1 pizza base you can choose which one you want
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 1 teaspoon za'atar
- handfull fresh spinach
- 1/2 can of artichoke (140 grams)
- handfull arugola
- 1 ball burrata
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celcius.
- Divide the pesto on the pizza base and season with za'atar. Divide the spinach and artichoke op top and bake for 10 minutes or until the base is cooked.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, divide the arugola on top and finnaly the burrata.
- Season with chili flakes and lemon juice. Serve immediately.