This drink is a combination between a chai latte and an iced coffee. You'd might think that this doesn't work together but it does!
You can choose to make your own chai mix. For 1 jar you need to combine:
- 2 teaspoons of gingerpowder
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of clove powder
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of cardemon
- 1 teaspoon of allspice
Make a string coffee for this iced coffee. You can choose to ad an espresso but I don't like the bitter taste of espresso. I prefer to make a stonger coffee with my slowdrip coffeemaker and favourite coffee, the Yellow Bourbon . Just add more coffee than usual to make it stronger.
If you don;t know how to use a slowdrip coffee maker, then take a look at the recipe over here where I explain how.
Dirty Chai iced latte
- 2 tablespoon chai tea/spices
- 2 tea filters
- 400 ml milk
- 100 ml strong Yellow Bourbon coffee
- ice cubes
- optional: Sugar
- Bring the milk with the chai tea bags to a boil. Turn the heat down and let it cool off (with the teabags in the milk).
- Fill to glasses with ice cubes and pour the coffee over the ice. You can use warm coffee, the ice will cool it off immediately.
- Pour over the chai latte and serve immediately.
Dit is een samenwerking met Simon Lévelt.