What I love about a banana cake is you can go wild with variations. Want to add chocolate or nuts? Go ahead!
For this one I only used cinnamon and clove.
I love this combination ever since I made baklav. It's an awesome combination.
Especially if you have some old bananas left, this is great to make. I don't know about you but I hate mushy bananas, but love them in this cake.
You could, to make the cake healthier, use a sugar replacement. I'm a fan of Good Good sugar, you can buy it at Holland & Barret.
This doesn't have a bitter aftertaste and isn't grainy after baking.
- 200 grams selfraising flour
- 115 grams full fat butter at room temperature
- 200 grams sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove powder
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celcius. Grease your caketin.
- Whisk the butter with the sugar until creamy. Then add the eggs, 3 mashed bananas, the cinnamon, clove and finally the flower.
- Pour into your cake tin. Half the last banana and place on top.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.