We can buy these at our local supermarket and they are the best! Although, homemade is better because these are fresh. After you've tasted these you'll notice how stale the supermarket ones are.
I love macadamia, it's the best nut. A bit pricy though so if you're on a budget you can replace them with almonds.
Qick and easy
The best part about this recipe is that there's no chill time required. You make and bake!
If you want to make the classic chocolate chip you can! You can find the recipe over here!
White chocolate macadamia cookies
- 225 grams cold unsalted butter
- 300 grams sugar
- 2 eggs
- 360 grams selfraising flour hier zit al bakpoeder in. Indien je bloem gebruikt moet je 1 tl bakpoeder toevoegen
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100 grams white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 140 grams unsalted macadamia, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees celcius.
- Cut up the cold butter in cubes and mix with the sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs one by one until incorporated.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder and cornstarch. Mix until everything has just blended.
- Add the half of the chocolate (we'll use the rest later) and macadamia.
- Take an icecream scoop and place scoops of dough onto a baking sheet. Press some chocolate on each scoop. I could fit 5 cookies on one sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, you want the edges to be crisp and brown. For nice round cookies use a large cookie cutter and swirl the cookies around in them. Also, I press them down and pull the top part apart slightly for a more rustic look. Let them cool off for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Because these cookies are so chewy you need to let them cool off completely before eating.