This is a super simple dish, it's done quickly and it's so good. Enjoy it with a piece of freshly baked bread and a glass of wine. Go and sit in the sun and forget all your worries.
I'm not a fan of premade stuff but I love the red currypaste by Blue Elephant . If you can't get this brand any red currypaste will do.
Get unpeeled raw prawns for this dish. The shell will create a barriere between the spicy sauce and the prawns. It could be too spicy when you bake the prawns directly into the sauce.
Spicy curry prawns
- 20 large unpeeled prawns
- a bit of sunflour oil
- 1 packet of red curry paste
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 20 grams butter
- 1/2 lemon, cut in wedges
- handful coriander, cut finely
- Defrost the prawns.
- Heat up some sunflour oil and bake the curry paste for a minute until fragrant. Add a bit of heavy cream, just enough so you get a thick sauce.
- Add the prawns and bake on medium high heat until deep red.
- Add the rest of the heavy cream and stir. Add the butter at the end.
- Serve, when the butter has melted the prawns together with the lemon, coriander and the bread.