My husband loves soup so I like to surprise him with new flavours, like the other day with this broccoli cheddarsoep. this time I made a delicious mushroom chickensoup.
You bake the mushrooms first, so until all moisture is cooked out. Let them bake in medium heat and after a couple of minutes the whole pan is filled with water. Keep on baking and this will evaporate, then the mushrooms will brown. Besides mushrooms I also baked a mushroom mix with other types. I used this as garnish.
I boil the chicken and pull apart with two forks. You can use the water the chicken is boiled in for your soup but you do need to add a chicken stock cube.
- 250 grams mushrooms, cut in slices
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 knobs of butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- sprig of thyme and oregano
- 500 ml milk
- 500 ml water
- 1 cube chicken stock
- 200 grams mushroom mix
- Bring a pan of water to a boil and boil the chicken for 15 or 20 minutes, until cooked. Remove from the water and pull apart with 2 forks.
- In a frying pan heat up a knob of butter and bake the mushrooms until very brown, this will take a couple of minutes.
- In a pan with high sides heat up the other knob of butter. When the butter has melted add the flour and stir for a minute. Add while stirring the milk. Then add the water and the chicken stock cube.
- Add the mushrooms, the chicken, thyme and oregano and let this simmer for a couple of minutes while we bake the mushroom mix.
- In the frying pan from earlier bake the mushroom mix until brow. Taste the soup to see if it needs more seasoning. I usually add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with the mushroom mix as garnish and serve with some bread.