I've been shouting it off of the rooftops but I love cheese. All kinds. I was inspired to make this dish by a Pinterest post. I was attracted to the colors, or lack thereof.
To make sure the pizza stays white you only use white cheese. I used mozzarella, ricotta, feta and Parmesan. This is also a great combination of creamy cheesyness and also flavour. Don't skip the chili flakes, they lift this pizza from great to bloody awesome. Don't forget to use grated mozzarellainstead of the traditional ball. Those contain too much moisture.
For the tomato sauce I either use a tomato puree thinned out with water of use a tomato fritto. Depends on what I have. I only season with oregano, the cheese is flavourfull enough.
I'm a big fan of making everything myself but I used a storebought base here. This way your pizza is done in 15 minutes!
4 cheese pizza
- 2 pizza bases
- 4 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 80 grams mozzarella, grated
- 50 grams ricotta, crumbeled
- 50 grams feta, crumbeled
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese, grated
- chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Divide the tomato sauce on both the pizza bases and season with oregano.
- Divide the cheeses on top, start with the mozzarella.
- Bake for 12 minutes or as long as per the instructions of your pizza base.
- Sprinkle some chili flakes on top (and optionally some arugola) and serve immediately.