Tacos are always good, right? I don't like hard shell taco's you can buy in the store. No, I prefer these soft shell. You could always bake these in the oven hanging on the oventray if you want them crispy.
I always try to vary with the filling, last time I made a carne asada filling, but now I wanted pulled chicken. Furthermore, I always use either corn, avocado, jalapeno. red onion, coriander and lime. It depends on what I still have. All of this goes well with the pulled chicken.
Making your own flour tortillas is much fun and not hard at all. The recipe is in my cookbook Vers Deegbut that's in Dutch only.
Pulled chicken tacos
For the pulled chicken
- knob of butter
- 2 chicken fillets, cut in big pieces
- 1.5 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1.5 teaspoon chili poeder
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper and salt
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 150 ml bbq sauce
- 6 small tortillas
- 1/2 red onion, in half rings
- 4 leafs of romaine lettuce, cut finely
- handful coriander, cut finely
- 6 tablespoon corn
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
- pepper and salt
- Heat a knob of butter in a stewing pan. Season the chicken with pepper and salt and bake together with the other spices until baked on the outside.
- Add the stock and let this simmer for an hour with the lid on the pan.
- Shred the chicken with two forks (of use a whisk). If the chicken is too moist then cook without lid until dry. Then add the bbq sause. Mix well.
- Mix the romaine with the coriander and red onion. Mash the avocado and mix with creme fraiche, season with pepper and salt.
- Heat up the tortillas in a dry skillet. Divide the avocado creme on the tortillas and then the pulled chicken. After that the coriander salad and corn. Serve with a lime wedge.