My husband took one bite and said 'this tastes just like the MacDonalds wrap'. Good because I was going for that. Although I took a look at their website and it's not available anymore. Haven't noticed, that's how long I haven't been to MacDonalds.
I'm not a fan of MacDonalds but sometimes when you're on the road it's very convenient. I do like all the chicken thing, definitely don't like the burgers.
Make your own
I thought this would make a lovely lunch. Fastfood always makes me bloated but when I make it myself I don't get bloated. So I always try to make my own (junk)food whenever I'm craving it.
You want you chicken to be crispy. We'll bread the chicken and then bake in sunfloweroil. Sunflower oil has a high temperature tolerance so it doesn't go rancid when really hot.
Honey - mustard mayonnaise
I used store bought mayonnaise here, but you can also make your one. I have a very easy recipe over here to make your own mayo is just 1 minute.
Wraps with crispy chicken
- 1 chickenbreast diced
- bowl of panko
- 1 egg, beaten
- sunflour oil
- 2 medium wraps
- 40 grams cheddar, grated
- 2 handful of iceberg lettuce ijsbergsla
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoon honey
- pepper and salt
- Heat up a nice amount of sunflower oil in a frying pan. Season the chicken, coat with egg and then bread with panko.
- Fry until the chicken is cooked.
- Divide the cheddar over the 2 wraps en heat up in the microwave for about 30 seconds until the cheddar has melted.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the honey and mustard.
- Divide the lettuce and the chicken over the wraps and pour some honey-mustard mayo on top.
- Fold the sides of the wrap to the inside and roll up. I wrapped it up with parchment paper and cut in half. This way it's easier to eat.