I normally always make fajita’s but sometimes you need something different.
This dish is so easy, I serve the chicken on a baked taco with some coleslaw, pickled red onion,, jalapeno and you can also add some creme fraiche.
Recently I made these and added avocado and corn. That's the best part, the basis is there and you can add everything you like.
My trick for making nice taco's is grilling them on the open fire. Don't warm them up in the microwave, that's not very nice.
Taco's with crispy chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50 grams panko, seasoned
- 100 grams white cabbage, cut finely.
- 1 tablespoon mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 a 6 small tortillas
- pickled red onion
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- sunflower oil
- Either cut open the chicken or pound thin with a meathammer.
- Coat the chicken with egg and bread with panko.
- Bake the chicken until cooked.
- Mix the white cabbage with the mayo and vinegar and season with pepper.
- Heat up the tortilla's on an open fire or in a hot skillet.
- Slice the chicken in strips.
- Divide the coleslaw on the tortilla, add the chicken, the pickeled red onion and jalapeno. Serve immediately.