Supermarkt Coop asked me how I celebrate Easter. Well, even before the quarantaine we did a breakfast in bed. Just an ultimate chill day. Not visiting family, just our little family. Get all your groceries the day before, make a list so you don't forget anything, the morning of is just whipping up a breakfast.
So, eggs are a must for Easter. I also love Scones for a sweet touch. Noworries, you whip up scones in about 20 minutes. So easy!
I love my eggs on homemade sourdough toast. I have an awesome recipe here but I can imagine that being a bit much for a lazy breakfast so you can always buy some bread.
You can make eggs the French way or the English way. The French do it in a frying pan but the English in a sauce pan with loads of butter. I prefer the English way.
Whatever you do, don't bake your eggs on high heat. You'll end up with dry flakes.
scrambled eggs op toast
- 2 pieces of bread
- 4 eggs
- 40 grams butter
- pepper and salt
- Optional: Cheese or smoked salmon
- Heat up 15 grams of butter in a frying pan and bake your bread on both sides. This is so much tastier than using a toaster.
- In a sauce pan heat up the remaining butter. Add the eggs and whisk. Keep te heat low. If you want to add salmon or cheese, do that now.
- When the eggs begin to set, season with pepper and salt. Remove from the heat when they're just a bit too wet, they'll finish cooking in the pan.
- Divide the eggs on the toast and garnish with chives.