Salads are the way for me to make 1 meal that both Bart and I eat. Bart eats lowcarb so he needs a lot of fats, me not so much because I do eat carbs. I eat this salad like the recipe below and for Bart I add loads of olive oil.
I love burrata. It's just a creamy mozzarella, but that works so well in salads and on pizza. Thankfully you can buy burrata everywhere now.
What makes this salad so flavourfull is the spice mix I bake the chicken and courgette in. Together with the sweetness of the corn and the creaminess of the burrata this makes for an awesome salad.
Salad with burrata
- 75 grams mixed lettuce
- 2 chicken fillets, diced.
- 1 courgette, cut in slices.
- handfull cherry tomatoes, halfed
- 1 corncob
- 1 ball burrata
- handfull basil, finely cut
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- chili flakes
- Mix the cumin, coriander, chili, garlic, peper and salt with the olive oil and use this to marinate the chicken. Bake the chicken until browned, then add the courgette and bake until everything is cooked.
- Grill the corn and cut off the cob. Set aside.
- Mix the lettuce with the chicken, courgette, tomato and corn.
- Serve with burrata, garnish this with chili flakes and basil.