I used to make this all the time the even easier way on a sheetpan with crumbled goat cheese and tomato on top. I wanted to make an actual quiche this time, with a thicker filling.
Use a soft goat cheese and mix it with ricotta and herbs, that's the first layer. The second layer is tomato obviously.
Get ripe tomatoes for this dish. I used these big ones but you can use any tomato you like.
Qick and easy
This is so easy to make I usually make it at parties because you can slide it into the oven and that's pretty much it.
I'm a big fan of making eveything myself but I bought premade dough this time because the best part about this dish is that it's done quick.
Quiche with tomato and goat cheese
- Quiche baking pan or skillet of about 24cm
- 1 quiche pre made dough
- 200 grams goatcheese
- 250 grams ricotta
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Grease the quiche baking pan and transfer the dough on it. Cut off the edges.
- Mix the ricotta with the goat cheese and season wuth thyme and pepper. Divide onto the dough.
- Pat the tomato slices dry and place onto the cheese mixture. Fold the edges of the dough back and create a V shape using you fingers.
- Bake until the dough is golden brown and the tomatoes bakes, about 30 minutes. I don't use an egg wash because the edges will brown faster than the tomato will bake.
- Season the tomato with seasalt flakes and freshly ground pepper and serve immediately.