With quiches I always think of birthdays way back when. My dads girlfriend made the best mini quiches. I never really tried to make them myself, I just sometimes got the supermarket kind (can't recommend).
This one is great to made in advance. I used storebought puffed pastry to keep it quick and easy. All in all this took me 45 minutes including oven time.
Puff pastry isn't the besy for you but you can also make it a crustless quiche. Just leave out the puff pastry and follow the rest of the recipe.
Quiche with tomato and ham
- quiche baking pan of around 28 cm
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 300 grams Greek yogurt
- 200 grams grated mature cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 packet ham of choice
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley
- pepper and salt
- some butter for greasing the pan
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius. Grease the pan with a bit of butter.
- Transfer the puff pastry into the pan, cut of the overlapping edges.
- Pierce little holes with a fork and blind bake for 10 minutes, this means covered with a baking sheet and something heavy on top likes dries peas so the baking sheet won't move.
- Whisk together the eggs with the yogurt, cheese, parsley, chives and pepper and salt. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half (keep some seperate for later) and add as well.
- Pour this over the puff pastry. Divide the ham onto the quiche, press down a bit, and place the remaining cherry tomatoes on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the eggs have set. The baking time really depends on how deep your oven dish is.
- Let the quiche cool down a couple of minutes before serving.