This sheet pizza is a mix between a focaccia and a pizza. I amended my standard focaccia recipe to make a more soft and pillowy dough. Also, the tomato sauce makes for a more moist dough.
You could choose any kind of toppings but I chose for the classic of tomato and mozzarella. I wanted to add fresh basil but discovered I forgot to get it so I added dry basil.
Next time I'll make a sheetpizza with the toppings of this 4-cheese pizza.
The dough is easy to make, especially if you have a kitchenaid with doughhook. Knead the dough until it passes the windowpane test (stretch it out until alost transparent. This needs to be achieved without the doudg tearing).
I let the dough rise 2 times. First time in the mixing bowl until visibly rissen (about an hour), the second time in a baking sheet until you see airbubbels (about another hour).
- Baking tray of about 25 by 33 cm
for the dough
- 250 grams type 00 flour
- 160 grams water, lukewarm
- 4 grams dry yeast
- 20 grams olive oil
- 5 grams salt
- 1/2 bik diced tomato
- handfull cherry tomato, halved
- 50 grams grated mature cheese
- ball a ball of mozzarella, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- pepper and salt
- fresh basil, chopped
- extra olive oil for greasing the baking tray
- Mix the water with the olive oil and yeast and stir. Let sit for a couple of minutes until foamy.
- Add to the flour and knead until it comes together, Then add the salt and knead until it's a supple dough as mentioned above. Cover and let it sit in a warm place until visibly rissen (about an hour).
- Grease the baking tray and transfer the dough. Stretch the sides until pretty much the entire baking tray is covered. Cover with a clean damp towel and let it sit in a warm place for about an hour, until airbubbels are visible.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Mix the tomato cubes with oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Grease your fingers and press dimples in the dough. Divide the tomato sauce on top, add the grated cheese and then add the cherry tomato and mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven until the dough has cooked, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.