This recipe is so ridicilously easy and quick. Noodles are always a good solution for an easy dinner.
You don't have to use udon noodles, you can get any kind you prefer really.
What adds loads of flavour to this recipe is the caramalized cabbage. Take your time for this, I let the cabbage caramalize while cooking the noodles.
Spicy udon noodles with shrimp
- 150 grams udon noodles
- 16 shrimp, defrosted and deveined
- 200 grams white cabbage
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 60 ml Soy sauce
- chili oil
- spring onion, cut in rings
- a bit of sunflour oil
- Bring a pan of salted water to a boil and cook the udon noodles according to the instructions on the packet.
- Heat up some sunflouroil and bake the white cabbage shortly, then add half a tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Stir occasionally and bake until the cabbage has caramalized.
- Add the garlic, shrimp and chiliflakes and cook until the shrimp are done.
- Drain the noodles and stir in some sesame oil.
- Add the noodles to the stirfry and add the rest of the sugar and soysauce and stir until combined.
- Garnish with spring onion and serve with chili oil on the side.