My mother used to make these meatballs all the time. Every birthday they were served and they were always a big hit!
I'm not a massive fan of the traditional meatballs but these are amazing! Because of the chili, the ketjap and the sambal there's a real punch of flavours.
I love the combination of these meatballs with cauliflower puree. You immediately eat more vegetables. You can find the recipe for the puree right here . Enjoy!
In a sandwhich
You can also put these meatballs in a sandwhich for lunch. Lovely with just some mayonaise.
- 300 grams ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoon panko
- 1 chili, diced
- pepper and salt
- healthy pour ketjap manis (sweet variety of soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sambal badjak
- bit of water
- Breng het gehakt op smaak met peper en zout. Meng hier je gesnipperde ui, paneermeel, fijngehakte knoflook en fijngesneden chilipeper doorheen en kneed goed door.
- Roll into small meatballs and bake in a baking pan until golden brown.
- Add the ketjap manis, sambal and soy sauce.
- Mix until the meatballs are covered in sauce. Add a bit of water and let cook through and through. Add more water if necessary to really maintain a gravy type of sauce.
- Serve immediately.