The spice mix is so easy to make yourself. You'll have a whole jar with this recipe so enough left to make a nice grilled piri piri chicken.
We'll bake these nuggets in the oven and then toss with some butter. The oven makes the nuggets crispy but a bit dry, but no worries.. the butter will take care of that.
You could make a garlic butter to go with it as dip, but I made this garlic sauce to go with it. Both delicious options.
Piri piri chickennuggets
for the piri piri spices
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon paprika powder
- 2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoon cardemon
- 2 teaspoon cayenne
for the chicken nuggets
- 3 chicken fillets, diced.
- 1.5 tablespoon piri piri spices
- 50 grams panko
- 2 tablespoon sunflour oil
- knob of butter
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celcius.
- Mix the chicken with the oil and add the panko and spices. Mix until wel combined and the chicken is coated.
- Divide the chicken onto a baking sheet. Bake until cooked and cripsy, about 10 minutes. Turn the chicken halfway through.
- Heat up a knob of butter and toss the chicken in it. This makes sure the chicken isn't dry.
- Serve immediately with your dip of choice.