When I showed my sister this picture she said 'remember way back when, when yo used to sleepover and I made us steak with peppersauce?'
Hell yes, it was my favourite thing in the world! I can't count the times I made that, always with the peppersauce out of a packet though.
I now make this with baked oven potatoes,I prefer that over the fries we had in the past.
The homemade version is a 1000 times better than the packet version. They can taste a bit floury but not this one. This is not a roux based sauce, just stock and cream which you have to recude.
That makes peppersauce a great keto sauce. It also contains quite a bit of cream, perfect.
- 100 ml beef stock
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestersauce
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns (the dried ones)
- 150 ml heavy cream
- In a small pot heat up the stock and let simmer until reduced in half.
- Add the mustard and the worcester. Grind the peppercorns until just broken (you don't want them very fine but also not keep them whole). Add to the stock.
- Also add the heavy cream and let it simmer for about 10 minutes or until a sauce like consistency. You want the sauce to stick to the back of your spoon. It thickens up more after cooling off.
- Serve with steak or grilled chicken.