The white asparagus are back in season but I have to admit I use the green ones more often.
I love them grilled or in a gratin, but this soup was amazing too and something different for a change.
It was also done very quickly. I like really thick soups so I always use loads of veggies and little stock.
You are going to need a blender of a stick blender for this one.
I season my soup with cream, Parmesan and chili flakes and that's it!
Green asparagus soup
- Blender of stick blender
- 700 grams green asparagus
- 500 ml chicken stock (or veggie stock)
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- some heavy cream
- 40 grams Parmesan cheese, grated
- peper, salt and chili flakes
- knob butter
- Heat up a high pan with a knob of butter and sweat the onion and garlic. Cut off the woddy ends of the asparagus and cut in big chunks. Also put in the pan and stir.
- Add the stock and boil for 5 to 10 minuten, untill the asparagus are cooked. Get a few of the tips out of the pan for garnish later and blend until you have a smooth soup. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve in bowls with some cream, parmesan and chili flakes.