For lunch I usually have something like a yogurt or a sandwich but most of the time nothing with vegetables.
But I do try to add more vegetables because research shows you have to eat at least 375 grams of vegetables per day. At night I often leave out the carbs and add more veggies. For example cauliflower puree.
Bell peppers of other vegetables
I stuff my peppers with spicy ground beef but you can stuff them with anything. You could also use other vegetables like tomato or zucchini.
- 3 bell peppers
- 300 grams ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 200 ml passata, tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pepper and salt
- 100 grams grated cheese I used a mix of mozzarella, emmentaler and young cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds. Pre bake in the oven when we prepare the stuffing.
- Bake the ground beef until brown, then add the onion, garlic, cayenne, pepper and salt. Stir and add the tomato sauce.
- Cover and let this simmer for at least 15 minutes. By doing this the sour taste of the tomato will cook away and the sauce thickens up.
- Get the peppers out of the oven. It''s possible there's some moisture in them but pout that out. Stuff the peppers, divide the cheese on top and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.