If I want to see my husband happy i'll make pancakes for him.He likes them with powdered sugar and syrup and I usually go for banana and nutella.
So, these aren't very different from the usual pancakes we have. In the U.S. you have thick pancakes, here we have thin pancakes albeit a bit thicker than crepes.
Are you familiar with baby Dutch pancakes? Yeah, that's not the pancake we usually eat. just a bit of a fun fact.
Crepes with banana and nutella
- 100 grams flour
- 200 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1 banana, diced
- Butter for frying
- Whisk the milk, eggs, flour, sugar and salt until you have a thin batter.
- Heat up a knob of butter. Now depending on the size of your pan, pour in a bit of batter and swirl the pan around. You want your creme to be as thin as possible. If the entire pan is not covered in batter, pour in some more.
- While baking my pancakes I usually put the pot of nutella in a bowl of hot water, this way the Nutella softens up a bit and your can drizzle it over your pancakes.
- Serve the crepes with banana and a drizzle, or a lot, of Nutella.