This dish is loosely based on a dish I order when I get takeout from our local noodle restaurant.
You can pretty much get any type of noodles for this dish but eggnoodles really go very well in this recipe.
Peanuts in chili oil
The best part of this dish is the peanuts in chili oil. You make this first and when it's done you transfer it to a bowl. The chicken and mushrooms you bake in the same pan so it gets heat from the leftover oil in the pan. At the end you season with the peanuts and chili oil to make this as spicy as you wish.
Noodles with chicken and mushrooms
- 100 grams peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 50 grams sunflour oil
- 1 chicken filet
- 250 grams mushrooms, cut in slices
- 125 grams egg noodles
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 scallions, sliced in rings
- pepper and salt
- Heat up the sunflower oil with the peanuts and chiliflakes. Let this sit until the oil has taken on a reddish colow. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Season the chicken with pepper and salt and bake in the same pan as the peanuts until golden brown and done. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Bake the mushrooms until brown. Mushrooms contain a lot of moisture, so cook them untill all that has evaporated.
- In the meantime heat up a pot of water and boil the egg noodles according to the directions on the packet.
- When the mushrooms are cooked, add the chicken and garlic. Stir. Then add the noodles, sweet soy sauce, soy sauce, honey and pepper and mix.
- Season the dish with the peanuts and chili oil and serve with scallion.