We used to eat mushroom soup all the time when I was younger but that was a more mild variety. I've now developed a taste for more outspoken food.
What's great about soup is that it's easy and quick, with the big exception of onion soup, but beside that soups are pretty much always done fairly quickly.
I was craving mushrooms the other day so a mushroom soup was the easy choice.
- 500 grams mushrooms, cut in slices
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoon spicy paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 250 ml milk
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- bit of olive oil
- creme fraiche en tijm om mee te serveren
- Heat up a bit of olive oil and brown the onions with the garlic. Add the mushrooms and bake until all fluids have evaporated.
- Add to the pan the flour and paprika poweder, stir and let this sit for a minute or two (you want the flour to cook otherwise you'll keep the flour taste in your dish). Add the milk bit by bit while stirring.
- Now add the saoysauce and the stock.
- Let this simmer for about 10 minutes. Taste to see if the soup needs salt and/or pepper. Serve with a spoonful of creme fraiche and some fresh tyme.