The taco is one of my favourite meals because it's so easy to vary with the toppings. You can go vegetarian, serve it with fish or with beef like I did here.
Carne asada is marinated beef grilled on a high heat. Then cut on cubes and grilled again shortly.
You could eat the beef as is, with some grilled veggies but I love it on tacos.
The traditional cut is bavette, flank steak, but you can also used a regular steak if that's easier to come by.
Carne Asada tacos
- 1 flank steak a 400 grams
- 4 a 6 small tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- handfull fresh coriander, cut
- 40 grams feta, crumbeled
- creme fraiche
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
For the marinade
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- handfull fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and pour over the beef. Let this this in the fridge for an hour.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and bake on high heat until seared. Let it rest for 10 minutes and then cut the beef in cubes.
- Heat up the tortillas by placing them directly above a flame. Turn often to make sure it doesn't burn. You can als heat them in a dry hot skillet.
- Bake the beef cubes until all sides are seared and the beef is hot.
- Divide some creme fraiche onto the tortilla and top with beef, avocado, radish, jalapeno, feta and coriander. Serve with a wedge of lime.