I've been making cauliflower puree for months now and I thought it was time for soup!
The recipes look alike I only added stock here. I love very thick soups so I'm always very careful with how much stock I add.
The best part of soup is that you can pretty much add anything. I only used cauliflower here, but you could add potato or zuccini.
Pesto and cauliflower is a great combination. Garnish the soup with the pesto and grated cheese. Want to make your own pesto? Look here for the recipe.
- 2 small cauliflowers (or 1 very big one)
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- bit of olive oil
- pepper, salt, chili flakes
- 4 tablespoon pesto
- 4 tablespoon grated cheese
- Heat up a bit of oil and sweat the onion and garlic.
- Add the cauliflower, cleaned and cut into finer pieces, and the stock. Let is simmer with lid until the cauliflower has cooked.
- When the cauliflower has cooked, puree everything. If the soup is too thin, cook it down. Too thick? Add more stock.
- Season with salt, pepper and chiliflakes. Be careful with the salt, the stock is already pretty salty.
- Garnish with pesto and grated cheese and serve immediately.