During the week I try to eat as much lowvarb as possible. It can be quite tricky because you're so used to eating carbs during your meal.
I love to make a cauliflower puree. I actually like this more that the regular puree if I'm being honest, not much of a contest...I don't really like potatoes. Also, I put cheese and creme fraiche in this puree.
I combine this dish with the spicy meatballs or baked shrimp with grilled vegetables of with stir fry spinach. Everything is possible!
Grilled vegetables and pesto with matured cheese
I bought already grilled vegetables for this dish. These are frozen and you can bake them quickly until hot. I furthermore put some matured chesse in my regular pesto recipe, click over here to go to that recipe.
A quick tip. Do you know how to cook shrimp without them gettin grubbery? Always buy raw shrimp. I usually buy the frozen kind, defrost them under running cold water andpet them dry with a paper towel. Heat a pan with a bit of oil medium to high heat and bake them until pink.
You will need a food processor of blender to make this puree.
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 60 grams cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon creme fraiche
- pepper and lots of salt
- pinch nutmeg
- chili pepper to taste
- Clean the cauliflower and boil until soft. Don't add any salt into the water, we'll add salt later.
- Drain the cauliflower until completely dry.
- Put the cauliflower into the blender or foodprocessor and add the cheese, creme fraiche, pepper, salt and nutmeg. Cauliflower is a bland vegetable so don't be too cautious with the salt.
- Puree until you have a nice and thick puree. If it's too thin, put the puree back in to a pan and cook until it thickens.