This pie is heaven! A cookie base, then dulche de leche, banana and yo utop it all off with whipped cream and chocolate.
You should't eat this every day but indulge once in a while.
Okay, so the name gives it away. You need a toffee layer. In this case dulche de leche. Making that is very easy. You can a can of sweet condensed milk and you simmer this for 4 hours. Make sure the can stays under water at all times, otherwise it can explode.
For the base I used digestive cookies, I prefer the more neutral taste of these cookies.
We bake the base for 15 minutes and let if cool off compeltely. After that we fill it with dulche de leche, banana, whipped cream and chocolate. That's it, so easy! You do need to let is set for a couple of hours in the fridge.
- cake pan of 22 cm
Voor de bodem
- 250 grams digestive cookies
- 100 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can dulche de leche
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon sugar (I don't sweeten my whipped cream that much because the dulche de leche is sweet enough)
- 1 cube dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Ground up the cookies until very fine, mix with the butter and pit it in your cake pan. Press firmly. Bake for 15 minutes and let it cool off.
- Fill with dulche de leche (see above on how to make it). Be carefull you don't tear the base.
- Divide the banana on top.
- Whip up the cream and sugar until stiff peaks and divide on top of the banana. Grate some chocolate op top.
- Let is set for a couple of hours before serving.