I have a few amazing pancake recipes online, like these American pancakes with buttermilkbut my husband eats lowcarb so he can't have those.
Almond meal pancakes
The pro's for making them with almondmeal is that they're more nutricious and they fill you up longer. The cons is that the keep a grainy structure.
My husband did say you really need to eat these with lowcarb syrup and/or butter but that's how we eat regular pancakes as well.
Lowcarb almondmeal pancakes
- 100 grams almondmeal
- 120 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- oil or butter for baking
- Optional: Erythritol sugar replacement through the batter
- Whisk the eggs with the milk, vanilla, salt and bakingpowder. Then add the almondmeal. You want a thick batter that will run off your spoon. If it's too thin, let your batter sit for a while. Almondmeal will take in a lot of moisture.
- Heat up a bit of oil or butter and bake 2 pancakes at the time, about 2 tablespoons per pancake. Repeat untill your batter is gone.
- Serve with lowcarb syrup and or butter and fruit.