The Italians are masters at it, making an amazing dish with little ingredient. Just like this cacio e pepe. This dish is just a lot of garlic and oil, seasoned with chili flakes and served with Parmesan. I added shrimp because why not?!
For the shrimp I always advise to get raw and unpeeled. Bake them on high heat so they get a nice smokey flavour. Peel afterwards.
Spaghetti aglio e olio with shrimp
- 10 large shrimp, raw and unpeeled
- sunflower oil
- 150 grams spaghetti
- 60 ml olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese
- optional: lemon slice
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti al dente.
- Bake the shrimp in a bit of sunflower oil on high heat until pink an cooked. You can bake a lemon slice as well to serve with the spaghetti later. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and bake the garlic and chili flakes on low heat. make sure the garlic doesn't burn.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan and stir. Now also add the shrimp (you can add them peeled or unpeeled.Unpeeled looks prettier but is a hassle with eating) and the parsley with the pasta.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan.