Yes, you can have delicious potatoes out of the oven. With a crispy outside and a soft inside. And with 1 tablespoon of oil!
I always use this trick to get the job done. I'll tell you in a second!
I'm not a fan of fries, the kind you get at a fastfood joint. They're almost always undercooked and/or just dry and too greasy.
Making your own fries is the best, especially when you fry them twice but I don't have a fryer at home,
So what's the trick. It's really simple. You preheat the oven with a baking tray and sheet with the 1 tablespoon oil. The oil is scorching hot when you add the potatoes and so they 'fry' immediately.
You can also use this trick for sweet potatoe by the way
Another option is to add radish, they are amazing roasted. I served my potatoes with steak and an amazing peppersauce.
Fries out of the oven
- 4 potatoes
- 1 tablespoon sunflour oil
- salt to taste
- preheat the oven to 220 degrees celcius with a baking sheet with the oil in it.
- Cut the potatoes in fries or wedges.
- When the oven and the oil is hot, put on your patotoes. Mix well into the oil.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes in total, or until brown and crispy but turn your potatoes in between a couple of times.
- So keep an eye on them, the baking time depends on how thick your pieces are.
- After baking season with salt. Serve immediately.